incorporating brain rot into our education

Photo collage by Big Ear Tutu and yapmaster3000

Compared to studying, obscure Reddit stories on TikTok always grab students’ attention. Through split screens with never-ending content like Subway Surfers, CollegeBoard can maximize student potential, enhance curriculum, and break national records for student test scores. 

Called sludge content, these videos take advantage of people’s growing need for more short-lived stimuli and fulfills their minuscule attention span in a way dialectical journals never could. It is addictive and rapidly growing because it presents a straightforward and simple way to occupy one’s mind. It serves as a quick injection of entertainment and dopamine right at a person’s fingertips, which studies confirm boosts concentration and the will to live; implementing sludge content could strengthen students’ motivation to study.

Split screens combine two different sides of social media. From vlog-content “get ready with me” videos depicting influencers lying about their lives, to miscellaneous activities such as Subway Surfers gameplay, slime tutorials, and episodes of “Young Sheldon,” it helps students rewire the brain to focus better on tests and crave more action and movement. 

Although on their own, the stories told in these videos might not hold much substance, ranging from nightmarish first date retellings to concerning revenge stories, the captivating nature of mentally stimulating split screens are like magnets to the teenage mind. 

Knowing this, CollegeBoard must take initiative. Studies show that students who study with split screen videos perform 96.7% better on math tests. Study hacks, combined with fascinating ASMR, can also enhance AP exam passing rates. Chewing, typing, and soft speaking are perhaps some of the most influential noises one can hear, and have been proven to increase brain capacity. Incorporating secondary videos will activate and engage the brain in a way that advances the efficiency of retaining content, shares crucial information about exams, and makes the learning experience analogous to dopamine.

CollegeBoard can also use mindless content on the bottom of its AP Spanish lectures or APUSH DBQ documents. From adopting its own “get ready with me” segments, preparing for passing a class rather than a fun night out, or featuring videos such as SAT question walkthroughs, AP exam study hacks, and interviews with perfect-scorers, these videos can further boost interest from students. In a world plagued with social media, it is crucial for the academic organization to hop on the brain rot trend to maximize generational success.

Education, or anything that takes more than five seconds of effort, is boring. Additional split screens content could make these life-essential processes less agonizing by utilizing distraction to pave the way for a mind mush society. After all, instant gratification is worth millions more than being competent and valuable human beings!

$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Oxford Academy. Your contribution will allow us to cover our website hosting for the 2024-2025 school year. Thank you for your support!

$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal