Restaurants to feast your way through Thanksgiving

The fun of Thanksgiving lies in warm mashed potatoes and juicy turkey, but sometimes a homemade feast can be a pain to cook. If you are skipping the cooking this year and can’t find any open restaurants to do the job, then look no further. Whether it’s indulging in the cozy and classic Thanksgiving dishes or sitting down to a slightly more gourmet spread, this list of local and chain restaurants is guaranteed to provide the full delicious experience — all without stepping foot into the kitchen!

McCormick and Schmick’s 

321 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802

Aside from its usual happy hour and fresh seafood specials, McCormick and Schmick’s is dishing out a gobble-icious Thanksgiving feast this year! Start the celebration with a warm butternut squash bisque or a light seasonal salad, and end with the Thanksgiving staples: roasted turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, and more. Expect a fun-filled atmosphere and fancy setting at the Anaheim GardenWalk location, or skip the reservation process and order the feast to-go at ezcater.com before Nov. 20!

Red Lobster 

4333 Candlewood Street, Lakewood, CA 90712

Who says Thanksgiving has to be all about the turkey? This year, try switching things up with some exquisite seafood and family-style side dishes. Red Lobster will be open regular hours for dine-in, and will also provide indulgent family meals and special feasts that can be cooked and delivered straight to customers’ doors. With a variety of shrimp specials, hot platters, pasta dishes, and seafood favorites, Red Lobster is sure to make all the shellfish dreams come true!

International House of Pancakes (IHOP)

4991 Lincoln Ave, Cypress, CA 90630

The world’s International House of Pancakes (IHOP) is famous for their fluffy pancakes and 24-hour service, but they are also providing several limited-edition turkey specials this upcoming holiday! Their Thanksgiving menu includes an all-natural roasted turkey plate, a Cali-roasted turkey melt, and a 55+ roasted turkey sandwich. If the turkey trio doesn’t float your boat, order from a vast selection of pancakes, waffles, and french toasts for an extra sweet Thanksgiving breakfast. 

Romano’s Macaroni Grill

12875 Towne Center Dr, Cerritos, CA 90703 

Discover a mouthwatering Italian twist on Thanksgiving dinner at Romano’s Macaroni Grill this year! The restaurant chain will be serving a special menu on Nov. 23, only through prior reservations. Suitable for the entire family, the meal consists of three full-fledged courses: a light appetizer of salad or soup, a hearty entree of roasted turkey breast and all of the best side dishes, and — the main attraction — seasonal Italian desserts of either pumpkin cannoli or pumpkin tiramisu. 

Whether celebrated in a cozy home kitchen or a lively restaurant, the heart of Thanksgiving lies in spreading love and gratitude to those who matter most. Enjoy the cherished holiday and raise a toast to the season of giving!

About the Contributor
Rachel Yoon
Rachel Yoon, Opinion Editor
Joining during the quarantine year after encouragement from her English teacher, Rachel Yoon, a junior at Oxford Academy, is currently in her third year as a Gamut staff member. Skilled in both the arts and writing, she has both written and illustrated for the Gamut before. Rachel likes to paint and draw as a hobby but finds that writing is an easier way to put down her thoughts. She also has an interest in math, recently starting a math blog in hopes of helping others in the subject. With a strained relationship with the app TikTok—deleting it and redownloading it multiple times due to concerning screentime—she watches many cooking videos. As such, Rachel is an avid cook who cooks for herself and her family, following internet-famous cooks like Doobydobap and Cafehailee for inspiration. Despite this, Rachel is a baking hater, finding it a stressful medium compared to cooking’s forgiveness; cooking is a way to keep her focused and productive. Multi-talented and well-rounded, Rachel is serving as this year’s opinion editor!