Cute cafes to camp out in while studying

Eva Kim

As the autumn air begins to crisp, start the beginning of the year strong with cafe recommendations to add some fall charm to your life. These cute spots can help maximize productivity and romanticize assignments — all while sipping some delicious drinks. If 7 Leaves and Starbucks aren’t quite cutting it, these cute spots can help maximize productivity and romanticize assignments!

Thank You Coffee

255 N Anaheim Blvd Unit D, Anaheim, CA 92805

A cute, trendy spot located in downtown Anaheim, Thank You Coffee is a perfect pick to study at with a small group of friends! Its minimalist design and cozy space create a perfect ambience inside the store. Table space inside can be limited inside however, so be sure to come early to try their wide selection of unique and irresistible flavor combinations! Its most popular drink, the matcha pandan latte, smoothly blends the two flavors until neither is overpowering, yet sufficiently sweet. Feel free to grab a light snack too — their toasts are an excellent tangy and savory after-school treat to get in the studying mood!

Tierra Mia

201 N State College Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92806

Located across Southern California, with three locations in Orange County, Tierra Mia is a local staple with a classic, antique charm. Its allure doesn’t stop there though; with its signature flavors such as the Horchata Frappe, an unparalleled taste of sweet cinnamon and iced coffee, reminiscent of childhood, or its Coffees of the Day to match your mood! This local legend is often bustling with customers, so anticipate a slight wait while waiting for your drink or a table. 

Smoking Tiger

2445 E Imperial Hwy # D, Brea, CA 92821

Smoking Tiger is a small chain across Orange County, perfect for a matcha latte and one of their many bread selections to snack on — their Cerritos location is a dedicated bread factory! Outdoor and indoor seating is plentiful, making it the ideal spot for a large study group or hang out. With WiFi and power outlets, this cafe is ideal for spending a whole day working on assignments and studying while trying one (or two!) of its many specialty drinks!

Euro Caffe

3950  S Bristol St, Santa Ana, CA 92704

A charming cafe complete with punny European fish names, reference to “The Great Gatsby,” and an exquisite and diverse menu is located just across South Coast Plaza. After a studying session, feel free to reward your valiant efforts with some retail therapy after the trials of studying. Sugary drinks, from frappuccinos to matcha, to its equally addictive food selection, from paninis to crepes line this must-try menu. Its delectably sweet “Crêpe Gatsby” or delightfully savory “Alexander The Crêpe” are some of its unique points — this eclectic shop has it all! Experience their motto “Europe in a cup!” — perhaps during AP Euro study sessions — in the comfort (and reach) of Orange County!

Instead of enduring your studies at home, romanticize the experience at an aesthetic cafe to make time pass by quicker as you sip a delicious drink. Feel free to listen to music (like The Gamut’s fall playlist) or just revel in the cafe ambience to make the most of your studying this year in a fun and refreshing way.

About the Contributors
Justin Le
Justin Le, Staff Writer
Justin Le is a current sophomore, beginning his second year on the Gamut staff. His interest in joining the staff came from the popular 2000s television show, Gilmore Girls, one of his personal favorite series. Since one of the protagonists is a member of their respective student-run newspaper, it only made sense for him to follow suit. Additionally, some of Justin's hobbies include binging TV shows, reading from time to time, and joining sports for about a 24-hour period before promptly quitting them. Although Justin may not be very dedicated to his life as a student athlete, he is certainly dedicated to The Gamut, so much so that he sacrificed his year-long pencil pouch for the sake of keeping a stack of GamSlam brochures from blowing away. Justin’s former Word Hunt addiction might also be pretty compelling, considering he has a total of 1858 wins, more than should be humanly possible. In addition, Justin stays involved here at Oxford, as he is SCC’s Activities Commissioner, as well as an active member of VSA, International Club, and ECO. So when he's not writing moving articles about Taylor Swift, he's got a plethora of other activities to choose from.
Eva Kim
Eva Kim, Staff Artist
Sophomore Eva Kim is just one of the many fresh faces on the Gamut staff this year, serving as an illustrator. Eva joined the Gamut in hopes of working with passionate, like-minded artists that share her love for drawing on both a recreational and professional level. Dating back to the fourth grade, Eva pinpoints the beginning of her art journey to working with watercolor before eventually branching out to digital art, of which she has amassed a brilliant portfolio. Her greatest inspiration are Instagram artists — explaining her dangerously high screen time on the app — but her muse is the mushroom for its cute, versatile appearance and “it tastes okay, too.” In her free time, Eva enjoys playing with her Jack Russell named Jadoo, named after a Korean children’s cartoon, as well as listening to playlists packed with Lyn Lapid and Dean.